Re-roofing can be a painful process, but it doesn’t have to be. To get the right roof, the first step on your journey to a worry-free roofing future is to set your criteria. The metrics you use to choose a good roof might be simple: cost, ease of installation, and how fast you can get it done and move on with your life.
This approach works fine, but only if those criteria are all that matter to you. If metrics like durability, protection against severe weather, sustainability, and beauty matter, opening up your options will greatly benefit you.
Roofing comes in many forms, but all fall into a few broad categories based on material. Today, most residential roofs are asphalt roofs- the cheapest, quickest, easiest to install roofing option. Some are tile or slate- durable, harder to install, and expensive. Yet another popular option is metal- energy-efficient, lightweight, and beautiful. Again, depending on your criteria, one of these may fit your home and your needs best.
You do have options.
Before choosing a roof, see what’s out there – and don’t settle.
A roof is a major purchase and plays an important role in keeping your home, family, and possessions protected. Buying a roof that fulfills all the criteria you care about can have a big impact on your home’s curb appeal, value, and energy efficiency. You have an opportunity with a new roof, so think about your wants and needs, then do your research and come with questions when you meet with a contractor. The more active a role you take in finding your next roof, the better.
Last year, we spoke with Jason, a homeowner in southern Ohio, about his roof. Jason wanted a new roof for his gorgeous home but had a few criteria he wanted to meet before choosing one. He was renovating his house and decided to replace the roof as part of the process.
After defining these criteria, Jason did extensive research. He found the team at Classic Metal Roofing Systems. Classic met all of his criteria and delivered a roof that went above and beyond.
1. Algae had stained his asphalt roof. Your roof makes up 40% of the exterior of your home, so a beautiful roof is necessary for a beautiful home. Jason wanted something better for his home, and asphalt wasn’t cutting it.
2. Jason wanted a roof that could provide unique curb appeal to his already beautiful home. Metal roofing provided the look of wood shake with the durability of metal, all in a custom color chosen by Jason.
3. The quality of the installation was a big factor in Jason’s new roof decision. Since this would be a long-term decision, Jason wanted only the best installer to work on his roof.
For more on Jason’s journey, watch this short video.
Need help defining the criteria for your next roof?
Making your list can be challenging. We’ve developed an easy-to-use tool to help. Before you have a roofing contractor come to your home, use this tool to help identify what grade of roofing and what types of materials could be best for your unique home and situation.
- It’s FREE.
- It takes 10 minutes or less.
- The quick response is unique to your home and situation, and it’s private.
- Did we mention it’s FREE?
Jason found success because he defined his criteria and then researched products and found the right company to work with from start to finish: Classic Metal Roofing Systems of Kentucky.
We want you to be happy with your next roof. Our team of seasoned metal roofing professionals is here to assist, determined to help you find the right roof for your unique situation and home, even if it isn’t one of ours.
Drop us an email TODAY and talk to one of our friendly professionals without pressure or obligation.